NHCPR Medical Home Port
Stay in touch with your Medical Home Port Provider TOL Secure Messaging System.
Staying in touch with your provider just got easier: anytime, anywhere, from any internet connection. It's easy and secure. For your non-urgent needs, you may even save yourself an office visit.
TOL Secure Message System
TOL Secure Message System is used to inform you of health needs for Individual Medical Readiness and Preventive Health Maintenance.
Via TOL you can:
- Request Appointments
- Request a medication renewal for expired prescription or one with no refills
- Email your primary care provider and discuss issues over secure messaging
- Request refills on your medications
- Create your own personal health record
- Check your lab results or request lab results without a visit to the office
- Access patient education materials for self-care
Please feel free to contact your Medical Home Port clinic team for further information or log on to TOL.
Medical Home Port (MHP) Services
The MHP staff makes it their mission - not merely their job - to provide compassionate, world-class care to every patient, every time. We provide general physical examinations and primary/well care from birth to 65 years of age. We also evaluate and make recommendations for managing behavioral and developmental problems.
Our services include:
- Complete medical evaluations of patient's symptoms
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Endometrial biopsy
- Blood pressure checks (for enrolled patients)
- Adult/Pediatric screening visits
- Suturing and suture removal
- Nebulizer Treatments
- Education for diabetes, hypertension, asthma, cholesterol, and other diseases and conditions
- School and sports physicals
- Behavior and development problems
- Referral consultation to specialty clinics and providers for services beyond the scope of care of the Family Medicine Clinic
- Asthma and diabetes evaluations and consultations
- Internal behavioral health consultation - triage and consultation for short-term behavioral, occupational, diagnostic and treatment-related issues
- Routine physical exams and pap smears
- Colposcopy referral
- Punch, shave, and excisional biopsies
- Acute evaluations, routine infant/child health checkups
- Medical/Medication assistance via telephone during clinic hours
NHCPR Joint Commission Status
Joint Commission accreditation acknowledges the commitment of Naval Health Clinic Patuxent River to continuously meeting rigorous national and world-wide health care standards.
The "gold seal" is displayed to recognize the efforts of the staff of Naval Health Care Clinic Patuxent River in the clinic specific day-to-day delivery of safe, quality health care in a secure and safe environment.
The public may contact the Joint Commission's Office of Quality Monitoring to report any concerns or register complaints about a Joint Commission accredited health care organization by either calling (800) 994-6610 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .