Health Promotions and Wellness
NHC Patuxent River's HP Mission is to provide health screenings and education through health promotion using evidence-based practices.
Performing our Mission does not stop at our front door. It extends into the community with a variety of outreach services. These services are designed to promote health and wellness by assessing risk, increasing awareness of risk, and providing information in support of a healthier lifestyle.
We will come to you! Members of the HP Committee will come to your squadron, safety standdown, command picnic, training day, etc. We can provide information on a range of topics:
• Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Drug Abuse Prevention and Control
• Alcohol Abuse Prevention and Control
• Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation
• Overweight Prevention, and Nutrition Education (with body composition machine readings)
• ShipShape Curriculum
• Injury and Illness Prevention
• Sexual Health and Responsibility
• Cancer Prevention - (with skin analyzer machine readings)
• Suicide Prevention and Stress/Anger Management
• Heart Health (with blood pressure readings) Heart Health (with blood pressure readings)
• High cholesterol
• High blood pressure
Staff will arrive with health education models, handouts, story boards and screening tools.